Tuesday, July 5, 2011

new developments :)

LOVED today! 
Starting out with some insecurities in regards to the Digital Documentary Project. All cleared up now... Thinking of doing something about my experience with Nifty the Dolphin :) I loved that book, and thought I had done amazing! ...But then not only did the classroom mom glue my pages in in the wrong order, but she also requested that I change MY ending to make the story less traumatic...talk about a stab in the heart! I am interested in working with this idea of writing confidence and how my experiences as a young (or 20-something) writer have an impact on my students!  I am really looking forward to diving into Movie Maker (or something similar) because I don't have previous experience with it, but have heard that it is really student friendly (and hopefully, therefore, teacher friendly :))

The lunch group REALLY got me thinking about the possibilities for my demo....
Just some brainstorms:
--do the 5 stations
--create a booklet (flip book?)
--pose the "why" and "how?" questions (why is this method useful? how can this method change our understanding of writing? what will my students gain from this? how can this help me as a writer?

As for my personal piece, I am really excited to give poetry a shot.  So far, I was thinking of working on my role as the authority figure in my classroom, and how it helps me connect more with my students. I am really excited to see what develops tonight :)

Lots to do!!!!!!!  Overall, AWESOME!

1 comment:

  1. Aileen,

    I am glad you are embracing the Digital Documentary! Remember it is low key- an opportunity to play and compose in a way we might not usually create time for :) I can't wait to hear what you learn from the process.

    The things you are thinking about with your demo are really great. I think what you are doing with giving an image of possibility for grammar is tremendous! And then keeping up the line of questioning and pushing the envelope in terms of this progressive model is really great.

    Did your poetry idea come out of Murray cards today? The authority figure thing is really interesting!

    ReplyDelete