Friday, July 8, 2011

Full.....Speed.....Ahead!!!!

Today was a whirlwind of AMAZING ideas! It was a non-stop info-fest....and I loved it!
First of all, another AWESOME warmup! My students do not always take to the "dance it out" theory, but this one was much less intimidating. I think they are going to love it!
Throughout this Institute, I have been experimenting with poetry (check out A Day in the Life of Tom Sawyer) and have been shocked/thrilled to have some success (and road blocks, too)...
One of the ways that I have been trying this is by posting to EAnthology first, getting some feedback, then blogging once I have edited. It has been helpful because I love getting an outsiders perspective whether it be good, bad, or ugly :)
The Inquiry Demo was pretty cool because I love establishing a community of learners and opening a dialogue to embrace our passions...
Sally gave me some great ideas for Socratic Seminars: I have always wanted to try this strategy, but didn't really have the tools to properly execute it...now I do :)
Workshopping a workshop classroom played the same role of helping me work through the insecurities of the unknown...
All in all, these 3 sessions were invaluable because (just as in the institute in general) collaborating with colleages is the most amazing and beneficial experience; everyone has so much to offer that sometimes I just like to sit back and take it all in :)
I was sooooooo impressed by what everyone came up with for the Digital Documentaries. I have heard of so many of these technologies, but have not seen them in action. Taking a glimpse into each other person's life is so inspiring! What a great way to send us off into the weekend--so much to think about!!!!!!
Can't wait till the marathon tomorrow...until then, I will just breathe in all of these amazing experiences :)

No comments:

Post a Comment