Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Day in the Life of Tom Sawyer

I wake early
hung-over from the breath of her snores
because she drank too much wine
i wiggle free from the constraints of a heavy arm
and a heaping mound of covers
and ecstatically leap to the floor
paws prancing,tail wagging
ready to take on the world
she awakes reluctantly
with an overwhelming hesitation
because she ponders the possibility
of drifting back to sleep and ignoring my urge
until eventually the anxiety of what could be
draws her from the clouds of comfort
because she would rather touch her warm
bare feet to the cold hard floor
than deal with the consequences of
 a full bladder and a long nights sleep
so i look at her with longing eyes
and i cock my head slightly to the left
as i try to figure out
why she is making me wait so long
i jump from side to side to try to share
my anticipation and desired relief
filled with excitement
and an empty belly
she sleepily rubs her eyes and stumbles
through the kitchen
in her underwear
unable to see without her glasses
unaware of anyone else in the world,
she picks me up
rubs my belly affectionately
and delivers me to my spot
where she squeakily and sleepily calls out
"go potty angel pie! peepy deepy!"
and i secretly laugh because we both know
how silly she sounds
i race her back to the door
but i clearly dominate
because im overflowing with energy at 6am
and she is still in a dreamy haze
as i inhale my breakfast feast
i ponder how am greatful i am that she doesnt put it in a bowl
because i prefer to eat right off the floor
when i've consumed my meal
we return to our chamber to resume our slumber
and i simply cannot decide...
if i want to snuggle her or my frog
but when i finally find comfort
and am  about to drift back to sleep
i am rudely interrupted
when she turns on the tv
because for some reason she cant sleep
as if its my fault
she woke up at 6am
on my luxurious vacation


No comments:

Post a Comment