Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 8....breathing out......

Today provided for some serious inquiry and reflection.  I loved the way that we had time to think back to our "SI in 3 words"  Mine was pretty cool... I focused on technology (See "Tweeting, Blogging, Re-Visioning")...  And I also participated in the making of the "Love Couch in 3 Words" which was an awesome culmination of our writing group in action....I can't wait to see what everyone else came up with!?

The demo's today were an awesome way to wind down the week.   In Dorry's demo I loved the opportunity to reflect on our teacher Identities (perhaps I can use some of the reflections there for my Teacher as Professional piece?).  What an awesome way to continue building community and getting a feel for what makes us "tick..." Everyone's stories are so inspiring and touching... It's almost therapeutic to sit around coffee-house style and just talk about the joys that teaching brings...
Jen's demo provided some serious time to consider the revolution :) I am really interested in figuring out this idea of assessment vs. evaluation, and ways in which our students can self-assess or self-evaluate.... I guess the overall goal is helping them think for themselves and try to seek the "why..."

I loved the time to celebrate/write/visit/laugh with friends for the second piece of today... At some times it felt a bit too silly, but then I was trying to figure out if perhaps the writing process includes those moments when you wander off into la-la land...perhaps it is in la-la land where ideas develop? This leads back to Carrie's AWESOME revelation that "off-days" are not necessarily "off-days" but perhaps a moment for our unconscious to get hard to work....

At any rate, today, just like all the other days, has been an amazing experience with amazing people....
Time to reflect, collaborate, eat, learn, write, visit....  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment