Monday, July 11, 2011

In Search of Something...

We’re Both Scared...

What is authority?
In charge of the majority?
A role model to all;
Never going to fall.
Someone we look up to;
the fearless leader who

walks the tight rope
and gives all students hope
takes charge of many
with confidence of plen'y.
But you and me--we're both scared...

what about those 7 years of college...
have I gained enough knowledge?

When I teach I
breathe
dance
walk
talk
sing
with a kind of ease that
just comes when I put on the hat

...Yet I still worry
my mind in a flurry...
What if they knew
that I have no clue?
Are they aware that
we’re both scared?

What questions do you have of me?
What is it that you cant see?
Me and you, we're all the same
living through this classroom game
out there in a sea of faces
youve been around to so many places
yet I have the authority and
up here is where I stand

But deep down inside
I cringe, and hide
Is my delivery lacking?
Are my lesson plans slacking?
What will they think
if I begin to sink?
What if I’m unprepared?
You and me--we're both scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment